You can also gain permanent residence under the Saskatchewan immigrant nominee program, SINP. You must apply under one of the following categories:
International Skilled Worker Category-is for skilled workers abroad who want to work and live in Saskatchewan.
Saskatchewan Experience Category- is for foreign nationals who are currently living and working in Saskatchewan.
Entrepreneur and Farm Category- is for those who want to invest and actively manage a Saskatchewan business or farm operation.
Saskatchewan entrepreneur program:
General Nomination Criteria
- Net worth of CAD$500,000;
- 3 years’ entrepreneurial experience or relevant business management experience out of last 10 years.
- Minimum investment of CAD$200,000 in Saskatchewan (If business in Regina or Saskatoon, minimum investment must be $300,000)
- If you own less than 1/3 of the business, then your total investment must be worth at least CAD$1 million
- Involvement in the day-to-day management of your business
- Must apply for Temporary Work Permit within 3 months of the date on the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) Approval letter
- Must reside in Saskatchewan and must comply with your Business Performance Agreement (BPA) including transferring the required funds to Canada, maintaining legal status in Canada
- Must operate the business in accordance with your BPA for at least 6 months before requesting nomination
- If establishing a business in Regina or Saskatoon then must hire 2 Canadians or if buying a business there must maintain staff level.
- Business plan may be assessed by third party
Applicants are first asked to file an Expression of Interest (EOI) and are scored based on a point grid and are ranked for selection.